Attract and Retain the Brightest Talent:
Interviewing, Induction and Staff Retention
It’s well known that the cost of staff resignations and recruiting new staff can have a strong negative impact on a business’s bottom line. For example, there’s the accrued leave payout, advertising costs and lost productivity while new staff are found then trained. Learn how to find and keep the best staff so that your business can thrive.
Course Objectives: To provide information to organisations on attracting and retaining their most valuable asset; their staff.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
Ensure you get the best fit. Interviewing skills which ensure you get the person with the right skill set, experience and most importantly ‘soft skills’ for the job.
Utilise great Induction Programs so new staff can hit the ground running.
Retain staff by creating a positive culture so staff are engaged and motivated to achieve success.
At the completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Apply the ten rules of attraction and retention within their own organisation.
- Understand and effectively apply employer interviewing techniques and referee checks to ensure they have selected the best person for the job.
- Plan and utilise a staff induction program, which effectively introduces new staff to their role, their colleagues, their clients and the organisational culture.
- Identify the most effective strategies to retain staff; by providing effective feedback, challenging work and a positive culture of reward and innovation.
This course can also be delivered in more depth, focusing on specific aspects of Recruitment
- Writing effective job descriptions
- Interviewing skills
- Short-listing and referee checking